Sunday, June 1, 2008

More patio

Last weekend, Matt compacted the gravel.

...he leveled and graded...


...and they moved all the stone 1 or 2 pieces at a time to the backyard because each stone is SO heavy!


stones all piled up...

...more piling....



...and today, Matt and his Dad are out there "gluing" it to the gravel with a sand/cementish mixture...


...we are going to LOVE our patio...they have already surpassed my expectations!


And last but not least, the tree has finally been planted in a random spot in the backyard. Now it can finally grow up!!

3 comments:

Our growing family said...

I am so impressed too!!!
I would never have thought that I would like a lot of rectangle stones, but now that I see how they are arranging them, I REALLY like it! It looks like they are doing a great job too by going the extra mile to do it right the first time! KUDOS!
Can't wait to see more pictures of it coming along!!!!

cacfus said...

I love it! The house is looking so great. I had no idea Matt was so handy!

Stefanie said...

Thanks, gals!! Matt is working extra hard and definitely appreciates all of the support! It definitely will take a few more weeks, especially with him working full time!