Monday, October 6, 2008

rockin it

I got up to go workout again this morning at 5:30 while Matt got ready for work. Today is my one day off between 3 days on, so I had to get up and get some exercise since I do not work out on my 12 hr days! I then had to stop by the cleaners (can you believe they open at 6am???) to pick up the dry cleaning I had done. My curtains are not ready yet but I paid $160 for all 6 panels to be cleaned....yipes. Then I stopped by the gas station and paid another $66 for that, all by 7am.

I used to always tell people I was going to go out for a run when actually what I did was 60% run and 40% walk-typical. So I changed my tactics and told people I would go out for a "rock" (walk/run) so I wasn't being dishonest anymore. :) Lately Whiskey and I go out for "rocks" every morning around 8:30 or 9 when I have the day off work. Today was a long one around all of the trails in my neighborhood. It started to rain about 10 minutes in, but both Whiskey and I were in heaven. For some reason, I feel spiritual when it's raining and slightly warm. Whiskey loves any form of water and he LOVES puddles! I let him off leash along the trails and he is very good about staying near by for the most part. Sometimes he lags, but when I get about 30 feet ahead, he bolts forward into a full-on sprint, having the time of his life! We usually end up at the park, where he loves to run up and down the big hill...sometimes army crawling his way down, sometimes rolling down because he was running too fast. There is a tiny little stream back there that he loves to stomp and run in, making every effort to get as muddy as possible. In fact, as I type, he is sleeping soundly from "rocking" so hard.

Matt planted 2 pear trees in our backyard and they look so PUNY because they are all by themselves! I cannot wait for all of our plants to grow up a little.

I think I will be baking some banana bread today and making some chicken and shrimp curry for dinner. I love these blustery days!

Sorry for the random post, but I actually have the time now :)

No comments: