Most of you know I love to cook. I love to cook when it's easy and takes less than an hour. I do not like waiting for things to cook forever. Even chicken I cook for higher temps so it cooks faster :) For whatever reason, it usually comes out ok.
I made this dish the other day when I realized I had nothing awesome for dinner. Forgive the specifics of the recipe...I don't usually measure, so if you want to make it, you pretty much have to make it up :) I made this for Matt and I, and we have had leftovers for 2 days.
You will need (for 2-4 people):
chicken (about 4 breasts?) I usually use the frozen tenderloins...about 10 of them
spices: rosemary, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper
1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (I have made it with cream cheese as well-use more though)
1/2 cup chicken broth
spinach (about 2 handfuls)
tomatoes (I used about 3 baseball sized)
shredded parmesan cheese (a few handfuls)
red onion (sliced-about 1/2 a medium onion)
shell macaroni noodles (1/2 box) or whatever cool looking noodles you might have, like camparelli (sp?)
1. Cut up chicken into small bite-sized pieces and cook in some olive oil and a little butter.
2. sprinkle a little of each of the spices ( I usually use about 1/2 tsp of each I would guess)
3. In a new pot, boil water with 1 tsp of kosher salt (makes the flavor of your food stand out better than normal salt)
4. Once water is boiling, add noodles.
5. Once the chicken is just about cooked through, add the red onions, balsamic vinaigrette, whipping cream, and chicken broth. Mix in.
6. Add a small handful of cheese to chicken mixture, let simmer.
8. Add all of the spinach and stir in.
9. Once noodles are done, pour off 95% of the water, then pour into a large serving bowl.
10. Turn off the heat and add the cut up tomatoes, stir in. Pour mixture immediately on the noodles.
11. Add the rest of the cheese. You can choose to mix it all up or let it be as it is.
It is delicious! Let me know if you have any questions.